Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Internal debates rage on

ADVENTUROUS:
Willing to undertake or seeking out new and daring enterprises; "adventurous pioneers"
 
How do you measure adventure?
 
What makes a person adventurous?
Would you label somebody adventurous because they do things YOU have not tried, or will not try?
 
I have, for example, patted a snake, some people would NEVER try it themselves and by default I am more adventurous than they are.
 
Then again, somebody else has gone hot air ballooning, something I would never try, and again, by default, they are more adventurous than I am.
 
The concept should be examined in context to what the individual has done previously. If somebody is pushing themselves and go beyond their personal boundary and or comfort zones they have been adventurous.
 
And I have always been known to be somebody to push my boundaries!

No comments: