Friday, November 10, 2006

suid natal, my suid natal!!!

I have just been reminiscing on my primary school days...

Must be all the contact I have been having with Claudette.

Onthou jy Mejuffrou Crouch:
"Waar die golwe rustig breek, teen die rots en GOUDgeel sa-and, is ons land se MOOISTE strand....volharding is ons leuse....na volmaaktheid sal ons strewe..."
La la la la la!!!!!!

The sport's days...you were either in the yellow,red or blue sports team. I was in the yellow team. I think Claudette was in the red one?

Well you DID NOT want to be in the yellow team...man, it was uncool, many days I wish I could change my name (it went alphabetically, you see)

The yellow team's cheerleaders were one of two characters on big sports days, where you dress up and cheer.
They were either the flintstones or big yellow bugs....
It was always a big secret, what are the other teams going to dress up as?
Nobody ever wondered what the yellow team was going to be. It was either flintstones or BIG YELLOW BUGS.

When I became a cheerleader, I decided to hell with it. We are not going to be so unoriginal again! So for the first time in history (I hope) we were egyptians...

I doubt we won, can't remember, but man we looked good!!!

1 comment:

Claudette said...

Yeah i remember!
You guys looked sooooooooooooo FAB!
Think we were pirates or something stupid again, but that year you guys were soooooooooo cool!
I remember Freidrich you and a few others being soooooooo cool about it!
Just dnt know how you made the make up stay on all day! :)

Ahhh the primary days...

I still remember!