Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MISSING vs MISPLACED

 
 
Claudette's version
 
So what a morning!

 Woke up nice and early, Matthew made me smoothie and I was running a lil late (as usual).

I got to the car and waited for San… waited for San… and waited for San….

After a grueling 15 min I decided I needed to call her… the phone is off… (San has issues with this phone)… So I decided to go check the flat… knocked on the door… nothing… she is not home… now this is rather odd, as she is a light sleeper and should wake up with the knocking that has now become loud banging with the odd yell for SAN! I’m a lil worried as I am not too sure where she went last night… is she ok?… We are running late for work… so attempt again with a yell and a bang at the door… no response… drive to work… mind is racing… WHERE IS SHE… She is responsible she wouldn’t not let me know if she was not feeling well… what is her flatmate’s number… where is she… where is she!... Where is SHE!!!

Get to work and try and stay calm… but how… where Is she… burst into tears… have a group hug and THINK… Think Dammit THINK!

… Phone Deon…”Did she go to movies? No she was with Stefan”… Call Stefan… Call Stefan!…Can’t get hold of him leave message… call again… I DEMAND U FIND HIM IT’S A EMERGENCY!... Estate agent might have number… why is her phone off?...Estate agents can’t give number… matter of a emergency B*TCH!... where is she!... where the *&*&^% is she!... Call security… phone off again… NO SAN WHERE ARE YOU!

CALM DOWN… phone phone phone… ring ring… please let it be her… no its not… panic… ring ring… “STEFAN! WHERE IS SHE?”… she mush be home… no ways… I broke down the door… WHERE IS SHE… “Matthew please help, break down the door, security might help… more calls”… WHERE IS SHE!!!!.... try and think… call mom… mom “Calm down, she must have overslept”… NO NO NO… WHERE IS SHE

Ring ring… its not her…. Ring ring… its not her… ring ring… dammit! WHERE IS SHE… ring ring… 10 am… going insane… WHERE IS SHE!!!!!!!!... ring ring… its Matthew… San is fine… IM GOING TO WRING HER NECK!... she overslept… Ahhhh relieve… LOVE YOU… Dammit im sooooooooooo cross… coming to fetch u now…. Tears of you… SAN I LOVE YOU MAN!

 

So San’s phone died on her and her alarm never went off… she only woke up at 10 am… silly girl… panic stations… cos she is not the sleep in kind of girl… we love you u BLONDiE! SHE MADE ME FREAK OUT!

Now keys are being cut and numbers exchanged… regular updates too… dammit man this it JHB!

 

San's version

I wake up refreshed, stretch my arms out and think about doing my exercises...

I stroll into the kitchen, look at the clock, look at the clock again...

 

IT IS 10:00, I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK AN HOUR AND A HALF AGO!!!!

PANIC!

TERROR!

THE HORROR!

I AM GOING TO BE FIRED!!

 

I want to confirm times on my phone, but it is dead. I plug it in, maybe the battery died, but to no avail!

I rinse off in the shower and run to Claud's flat, her boyfriend should be there?

Then I start to realise that the parking lot is pretty empty and the sunlight is brighter than it usually is when we leave, so I am definately late...

EEEK! 

Matthew is there: Luckily! PHEW

His response when he saw me?

"Where the HELL have you been? EVERYbody is looking for you!"

"Man, oh man, I overslept!"

 

No comments: