Thursday, January 04, 2007

epic bus ride

I was really bored on this bus trip...so wrote everything in my "book-for-days-I-can't-blog-book"

"Fifi's fly fishing repairs....Happy Days Cafe...SuperSpar: Smiles gauranteed"
These were the signs that greeted me on my way back to Joburg yesterday. I just saw on that said 'Port Shepstone, 12 km's" But we are travelling in the opposite direction, we are leaving the magic and charm behind.

At this very moment we are picking people up from Hibberdene. I have followed Mich's advice. Bag next to me. Avoid all eye contact. These are her tips on how to keep the seat next to me unoccupied...or..tips on how to be rude. Either way, I hope it works!

Success!!! No partner on stop number one!

Excuse me, I am going to carry on being sentimental now (staring out the window at the ocean and the south coast people, it all looks so unreal)

Here comes another stop: Scottburgh. It's starting to make a lot of sense why this is a 12 hour bus trip..all the stops.

Ok, time to avoid eye contact. Uh oh, here comes a big family. They are getting on, avoid eye contact. Lie low...wait for it..wait for it...

Success!!

Just the DBN stop and then I am home free.

Oh no, forgot the Amanzimtoti stop, here goes, assume position San, Lie low, eyes down. The key word is RUDE!

"Take and Pay...Mr Blanket..Rhad's curry..." Approaching DBN, can you tell?

EEEEEEEEEEEK! Lady with pot plant looked very keen to sit next to me. Not this seat lady! Phew! She got the seat right in front of my empty one...

DBN stop: hold thumbs!

And...I are sitting alone! Thank you Mich!!

No comments: