Thursday, January 15, 2009

Totsiens - Farewell - Hamba Kahle Elite

To all the ladies at Elite,
 
My final day has arrived and I feel it befitting to say a few words :) 
 
Ahem...
 
The first question most of you have is 'why?' I can assure you, it has not been due to poor performance from my side (my figures will speak for themselves) So, alas, if I am not getting the proverbial boot, then why leave?
 
The reason is, that my passion lies within creative roles and at present, I am not being true to myself and my true calling. I must sound like an Oprah episode, but believe me, it's from the heart.
 
So, to get back to my 'true calling', I will be moving into a role which I am qualified to do (in more ways than one) even if it is a few years later!
 
The recruitment industry has it's up's and down's (but no need to tell you that) And I can say that I have taken many positive things out of my experiences during the past two years. I have learnt to stand up for myself, I learnt a lot about people, I worked with some of the best in the industry and made a few good friends along the way.
 
But, of course, a mutually beneficial relationship is a healthy one, and I can happily say that I have left a 'little bit of San' behind. It may be something simple, something you don't even notice. Such as the directions you send to candidates for client interviews (yes, those were set up by yours truelly)
 
Lastly, I would like to leave you with some wise words:
 
Reach for the sky - you may not always reach it, but when you fall, you will always fall among the stars! (A great place to be in my book)
 
Warmest regards and well wishes for 2000-and-devine (2009) !
 
San
 

No comments: